Tuesday, May 18, 2021

David Hack - Post Covid

The David Hack meet, probably the most thoroughly representative display of classic cars and vehicles in the country, was staged last Sunday, after a pandemic-induced gap in 2020.

It was the most well-attended David Hack Meet I've seen, and I have been to all of them in the last five years. Sunday was a typically crisp autumn day, but very pleasant in the sunshine.

I took random pics of a few of the cars (and one aircraft) and I'll attempt to caption them correctly. If I get it wrong, please let me know.

   

These things are springing up everywhere.

A very special 404 Ute.

The blue ute is the product of a twenty-one-year-long rebuild and retro-mod of a Peugeot 404 "Bakkie" (South-African built ute) imported in the 60s. The engineering is brilliant, and the presentation remarkable.

It features a fuel-injected 504 motor, a shortened and 504 equipped rear end, and all mod cons including A/C. the vehicle is a true labour of love.

Count the engineering mods on the placard.



Looking her best for the MX5 display.


A rather special Merc.


Fiat 125 - mid-sixties - I think.


Aero L 39 Albatros VH - SIC


Ford Capri


Anglia

The Anglia reminds me of a very frightening journey in 1965 with my cousin between Kilcoy and Landsborough, during which he attempted to kill us both whilst he showed me how well it cornered.

It didn't - but we survived.




107 Series SL Class Mercedes Roadster
Alpine A110

Renault 4CV motor view

Renault 4 CV (Saigon Taxi).



Volvo 122S


Fiat Abarth 124 Spyder (MX5 in mufti)


No comments:

Post a Comment