Saturday, January 24, 2015

More Trials and Tribulations


Rear before detailing














Whilst good progress has been made, I've fallen behind in my timetable.
Rear after detailing



















I was hoping to have the old jigger roadworthy by now.

It was knocked back because - wait for it - the windscreen washers weren't functioning 100% and there was condensation on one of the rear light clusters.

This is no biggie, except that I go back to work on Tuesday, and there will be a week's hiatus (at least) before I can book another inspection.


I have fixed both issues - a blast from the hair dryer on the light cluster after dismantling it, and a good brushing with an old toothbrush saturated in WD40 on the washer nozzle did the trick, but the delay is a pain.


Most of the jobs have proved straightforward, if boring and repetitive. It is called "project boring" after all.

Because I couldn't get the roadworthy through in the ordained fortnight, I decided to cancel the registration. The previous owner was unable to get the paperwork to the Dept Transport, so I did that for her. The helpful person at the DOT explained that providing I obtained third party cover I could legally drive it to the testing station on the nominated day.

Hopefully that will be in about two weeks.

Meanwhile, here are a few shots of the work in progress.

There is always an audience. This was before dinged door was replaced.




















Battery clamp now right way round
 















Boot after the dent was banged out.         













No comments:

Post a Comment